Key tasks and responsibilities
- From a renewed core team, you will help build the expansion vision of ARDIS®, which is implemented with ambition, vigour and the necessary resources since the recent change of generation.
- You are responsible for the management and turnover (growth) of existing and new customers in the wood sector.
- You detect current and future needs, strategic plans and objectives of customers.
- After the needs analysis and solution discussion with the customer, the drafting of an implementation plan and the effective sales closing, the sales team can count on a senior operations team to deliver the assignment decisively and professionally.
- Your customers are mainly located in Benelux and surrounding countries.
- Depending on your personal affinity, experience or preference, it is also possible to focus on broader specific geographical regions.
- Occasional travel throughout Europe, remaining time at the office in Aalter.Active participation in (international) trade fairs.
- Clients and prospects are Dutch-, English- and French- or German-speaking.
- Actively work on and following up existing customers and sell extensions to existing software. Upgrade to the latest version, (re)new upgrade contracts as well as identifying possible other software solutions in which there is interest.
- Prospect and follow up on leads to attract new customers in the timber industry.
- Work closely with the other departments and keep your focus on sales.
Knowledge and skills
- Your commercial attitude and dynamism typifies you.
- A first experience in selling and prospecting software and/or technology in a B2B environment is a great asset.
- You have the technical insight to translate questions from production companies into software needs in our standard product.
- You find it important to focus on the added value of our solution for the customer.
- Some notion of cutting machines in the wood, plastics or metal industry is a plus.
- Your main characteristics are solution-oriented, dynamic, open and flexible.
- You know when to involve colleagues, are cost-conscious and take responsibility.
- You are engaging and bridge contradictions.
- You obtained a Bachelor's or Master's degree.
- You have sufficient command of Dutch, English and French or German to enter into contracts independently.
- English is a basic requirement given the international nature of the company and the sector.
- You can work very well with a PC and the standard packages Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Attitude & personality
- Maturity, personal as well as business wise.
- Goal over ego: What is right counts over who is right.
- Curiosity and strong interest in this type of business.
- Self-consciousness and integrity: Know what you know, but more importantly, what you don’t know.
- Validating and trustworthy.
- ‘Do what it takes to get what you want’ attitude, but in total respect of the ARDIS® company values and culture.
- Work end-to-end, take spontaneous ownership.
Why is this position worth considering?
- A challenging job full of variation and personal input in a well-established Belgian software company with customers all over the world.
- A job with impact! You get the opportunity to autonomously build on the already existing organization with a huge growth potential.
- Thanks to short communication lines, decisions can be taken quickly.
- You will be part of an international young team of dedicated talents, passionate about their work and beyond, and ready to welcome many new colleagues. Family atmosphere and conviviality are important to us.